Trillium School for Performing Arts Classes will begin their 2018-2019 sessions staring Tuesday, Sept. 4.
The school runs six 5-week sessions beginning in September and ending in May. Each session will cost $50, and scholarships are available for those needing the funds to participate. All classes are held at the Historic Lewis Theatre in Downtown Lewisburg.
Hannah Morningstar has 22 years cumulative dancing experience, six years of head teacher experience, and two years of experience as assistant teacher. She has received her Dance Education Certification and Youth Education degree from Alderson-Broaddus University. During her years at Next Step School of Dance she was not only a student but an assistant teacher as well. Hannah opened Morningstar Studios in White Sulphur Springs in the fall of 2013, and sadly had to close this past June due to the flood. She has attended the West Virginia Dance Festival since the age of 13 and has worked with many renowned choreographers such as David Howard and Ronnie DeMarco.
Hannah’s Classes include:
- Pre-Ballet (age 3-5) Mondays 3:30-4:30 p.m. A class focused on learning the basics of ballet and understanding a structured dance class environment.
- Ballet/Tap/Jazz (Jr. Company age 6-10) Mondays 4:30-6 p.m. In this class the students will learn Ballet, Tap, and Jazz beginning elements and will advance throughout the year. Comfortable clothing and ballet, tap, and jazz shoes required.
- Ballet/Tap/Jazz (Company age 11-18) Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 p.m. This class is intermediate to advance for ballet, jazz, and tap. We will focus on combining the beginning elements as well as structure for independent work (improv). Comfortable clothing and ballet, jazz, and tap shoes required.
- Adult Ballet (age 18+) Wednesdays 6:30-7 p.m. This class will focus on the stretching and strengthening in ballet. It can be targeted to individuals with limitations as well as adults with previous experience. Come and strengthen your body with the beauty of ballet.
- Adult Tap (ages 18+) Wednesdays 7:30-8:30 p.m. This class will contain the basics of classical tap. This class is for beginners or adults with previous tap experience. Comfortable clothing required and tap shoes.
For Hannah Morningstar’s classes comfortable clothing and ballet shoes required. Morningstar will fit your dancer for ballet shoes at first class.
Hilary Jerza is from Glen Dale and a graduate of the University at Buffalo in New York with a Bachelor of Art in Dance. She is a member of the West Virginia Dance Company, the state’s first and only professional touring dance company. She is a dance teacher at Trillium Performing Arts in Lewisburg and Academy of Arts at January’s in Charleston. She also travels teaching master classes at dance studios all over the state of West Virginia. She has worked with Theatre West Virginia in Beckley as a featured dancer, dance captain, and choreographic assistant. She has choreographed for Theatre West Virginia, The Strand Community Theatre in Moundsville, Clay County High School in Clay, and Academy of Theatre Arts, a children’s acting company in Buffalo, NY. Also, she has judged the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference 2017 Queen of Queens Pageant. Hilary has studied with Doug Varone and Dancers of New York City, NY, Leher Dance Company of Buffalo, NY, Daniel Sharone, and Jennifer Archibald. She has attended Bates Dance Festival in Lewiston, ME and Point Park University International Summer Dance Program in Pittsburgh, PA. Hilary has performed with UB Zodique Dance Ensemble, and UB Emerging Choreographers Showcase. Hilary is very excited and honored to be returning to teach at Trillium Performing Arts for a fifth year. Her classes include:
- Modern Technique Class (14-adult) Thursdays 5- 6 p.m. This class is designed to improve your technique in modern and to advance your ability to pick up phrase work. You will be learning the variety of modern techniques from Martha Graham to Jose Limon. Some dance experience required.
- Ballet/Jazz Technique Class (14-adult) Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 p.m. This class is designed to develop a strong technical base in barre and center work. You will be learning some terminology and dance etiquette. This class will also be paired with half of the class working on basic turns, leaps, and jazz combinations. Some dance experience required.
Erica Bell is a certified P90X Live! Instructor and taught that format at Greenbrier Valley Fitness for two years. P90X introduced her to other Beachbody formats like PIYO – a fusion of Pilates and Yoga and Core De Force – a mix martial art training. Later, she received her Personal Trainer Certification with A.C.E. Her combined health coaching experience and fitness knowledge help her provide guidance in lifestyle, nutrition, mobility and stability, strength and cardio training. Erica is committed to learning as much as she can about fitness and well-being and enjoys sharing her passion with her community. She teaches Tour De Force (adults).