The principals and staff of Greenbrier County Schools (GCS) look forward to welcoming students and families back to school at open house events that are unique to each site. Activities vary at each school and may include facility tours, classroom assignments, and presentation of important school information for students on the following dates:
- Alderson Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, 4-6 p.m.
- Crichton Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, 5-6 p.m.
- Frankford Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, 5-6 p.m.
- Lewisburg Elementary: Friday, Aug. 26, 3-5 p.m. (visit school website for grade-level specifics)
- Rainelle Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, 4-6 p.m.
- Ronceverte Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Rupert Elementary: Thursday, Aug. 25, First Voyage 5-6 p.m.; Second Voyage 6-7 p.m.
- Smoot Elementary: Tuesday, Aug. 23, 5 p.m.
- White Sulphur Springs Elementary: Meet & Greet – Thursday, Aug. 25, 4-5:30 p.m. Open House: Monday, Oct. 10, 4-6 p.m.
- Eastern Greenbrier Middle School: Thursday, Aug. 25
Families can pick up schedules at any of the times listed if grade-level time is inconvenient.
- 8th Grade: 12:30-2 p.m.
- 7th Grade: 2-4 p.m.
- 6th Grade: 4-6 p.m.
- Western Greenbrier Middle School Schedule Pick Up (Grade 6-8): Wednesday, Aug, 24, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Greenbrier East High School 9th Grade Orientation: Thursday, Aug. 25, 6 p.m.
- Greenbrier West High School: Thursday, Aug. 25, 5:30-7 p.m.
- 9th Grade Parent & Student Orientation in Auditorium, 6 p.m.
- 12th Grade Parent & Student Meeting in Original Gymnasium, 7 p.m.
- The new school year will begin on Monday, Aug. 29, for students in grade 1 – 12. Kindergarten students begin on Sept. 6, and Pre-K starts on Sept. 8.
In July, GCS will host two enrollment sessions for new students. Enrollment events will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12, at Ronceverte Elementary School and on Wednesday, July 13, at Rupert Elementary School. New enrollees should bring the following information:
- Official State issued birth certificate (not a copy)
- Immunization record
- Copy of health check exam
- Copy of most recent dental exam
- Two proofs of residency
- Social Security card of child
- Relevant custody order, if applicable
To learn more about enrolling your child in Greenbrier County Schools, please call Nancy Hanna at 304-647-6470.
Discussion about this post