Historic Williamsburg Church site of special service August 7
The oldest Catholic Church building in Greenbrier County, Church of Mary Immaculate near Williamsburg, will be the site of First Saturday devotions and daily Mass on Saturday, Aug. 7, at 10:30 a.m. Built in 1901, the church was constructed by the Irish and German settlers in northern Greenbrier County. The building is the third building constructed by the community, the first two having burnt as a result of sparks from steam driven farm machinery passing by. A covered dish luncheon will be held on the grounds following the services. Father James Conyers, pastor of St. Charles Borromeo parish in White Sulphur Springs and St. Catherine of Siena in Ronceverte, will officiate at the Mass. For additional information, contact the office of the Catholic Churches of the Greenbrier Valley 304-536-1813.