FRIDAY, JUNE 29
- 7 to 11 p.m.: Firemen’s Rodeo (Alderson Memorial Football Field) – Free Admission. Sponsored by Alderson Fire Department and EMS. Contact Rick Honaker, 304-445-7420.
SATURDAY, JUNE 30
- 7:30 to 8 a.m.: Run for Snacks 5K Registration – Alderson Public Library
- 9 a.m.: Run for Snacks 5K Race – Walk or Run Event. All ages welcome. Contact Laurie Bennett, 540-798-5737.
- 12 to 1 p.m.: “All American Baking Contest” (Community Center Kitchen) Entries must be dropped off between noon and 1 p.m. 2018 Theme: Best decorated 4th of July cupcakes. First prize is $75, second is $50, and third is $25. Each entry must be four cupcakes. Contact Brenda Gabbert, 304-445-7210. Sponsored by Little Debbie Distributor Amanda Qualls.
- 1 p.m.: 2nd Annual Horse Show – Glen Ray City Building – $10 Entry Fee and four Jackpot Classes $25. Contact Michelle, 304-520-2315.
- 1 to 3 p.m.: Ice Cream Social – Alderson Depot – Contact Jim Russell, President of Alderson Main Street, 304-445-4080.
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Open House at Alderson Community Center
- 6:30 p.m.: 4th of July Banquet (Alderson Community Center) Served buffet style with catered food – Please make reservations by June 28 to ensure you have a seat – $13 per person in advance, $16 at the door, 12 and under $8. Contact Linda Loudermilk, 304-445-7520, or by email at email@example.com.
- 7 to 10 p.m.: Chad Nickell and The Loose Change (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Free Admission – Bring your own chair (Rain or Shine)
SUNDAY, JULY 1
- 11 a.m.: Sunday Worship Service – Alderson Area Churches cordially invite you to attend the church of your choice
- 12 noon: White Water Canoe Race – Fort Spring – Registration starts at 12 and the race starts at 1 p.m. – a timed event on the Greenbrier River, total distance seven miles – canoe and kayak divisions – Contact Jessie Willis, 304-646-7893.
- 1 p.m.: Military Ceremony (Alderson Gazebo) Lacy Gunnoe – Military Promotion
- 1:30 p.m.: River Events – Enjoy an afternoon of fun in the cozy green water of the Greenbrier River at the Alderson Mini Park – Bring a seat and enjoy! Men, women and children and anything that floats races. Contact Jessie Willis, 304-646-7893.
- 7 p.m.: Gospel Sing (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Bring your own lawn chair or blanket and enjoy an evening of gospel music by various local artists. Sponsored by the Alderson River of Life Church. Contact Anthony Carter, 304-832-6124. In the event of inclement weather, the gospel sing will be moved to the Alderson River of Life Church on Rt. 63.
TUESDAY, JULY 3
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Kids Night (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Bring the kids out for a free fun evening – Contact Briton Kirby, 304-646-0841.
- 7 to 10 p.m.: Square Dance – Hans Creek String Band (Alderson Elementary Cafeteria) Free Admission
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4
- 8 a.m.: Arts, Crafts & Commercial Sales (Alderson Elementary School Grounds) Contact Karen Lobban, 304-667-5049.
- 8 a.m.: Parade Lineup – Alderson Elementary School on Virginia St., line up depends on your arrival. Contact Rick Parker, 304-445-2709.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Throttle Throbs Car Show (Old Greenbrier Baptist Church Parking Lot) North Monroe Street – Contact Ron Ness, 304-645-5055.
- 10:30 a.m.: 2018 Grand Parade – Queens, floats, cars, bicycles, tractors, horses and fire engines. Trophies and prizes in all categories. Something for everyone! After parade, trophies and prizes can be picked up at Alderson Memorial Football Field. Contact Rick Parker, 304-445-2709.
- 1 p.m.: Stuart’s Hot Dawg Eating Contest – Stuart’s Smokehouse, Rt. 63. Registration begins at noon. First prize is $500, second is $100, and third is $50. 12 and under first prize is $50, second is $25, and third is $10. For more information call 304-445-3294.
- 1 p.m.: Presentation of Colors – Introduction of Miss Fireworks and her Court, Sr. Miss Fireworks, Junior Miss Fireworks, Little Miss Fireworks, Mr. and Miss Sparkler, Mr. and Miss Baby Sparkler, and Fourth of July Salute – Awarding of parade prizes – raising of flag by Greenbrier East High School Jr. R.O.T.C. and the VFW Post #6723 (Alderson Memorial Football Field)
- 1:30 p.m.: Field Events – Afternoon filled with fun and events for everyone – Races of all kinds. No pre-registration required. Alderson Memorial Football Field. Contact Jimmy Massie, 304-445-7686, or Jessie Willis, 304-646-7893.
- 4 p.m.: Tug of War – Greenbrier vs. Monroe and Kids Tug of War
- 7 to 10 p.m.: The Avalons (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Admission $5 per person for show and fireworks. Children 6 and under free. Bring your own chair – (Rain or Shine). Gates will not open until after the fireworks.
- 10 p.m.: Introduction of Miss Fireworks 2018 and her Court
- 10:15 p.m.: Grand Fireworks Display – The Alderson Fire Department will put on the best show in Greenbrier County featuring marvelous aerial and ground displays – (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Concessions, Inflatables Duck Tickets on sale all day – Contact Greg Eary, 304-646-1762, or Pam Shields, 304-520-4233.
THURSDAY, JULY 5
- 6 p.m.: Ducks on the Greenbrier – Rubber Duck Race (Alderson Mini Park). Grand Prize $5,000, second Prize $1,000, third prize $500.00 and many other prizes. For tickets and information contact Pam Shields, 304-520-4233. Rubber Duck Tickets on sale now & every day during celebration – YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. Presented By: Alderson 4th of July Committee, Alderson Fire Dept. & EMS, Miss Fireworks Committee, and the Woman’s Club of Alderson. Sponsored By: Alderson 4th of July Committee, Alderson Lions Club, Alderson Fire Dept. & EMS, Town of Alderson, Tri-County Fire Company, Alderson Main Street.
Remember, there are no pets allowed at the Fourth of July Celebration! Visit www.alderson4th.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.