Time to get outside! Celebrate parks and health in the outdoors at 2016 Outdoor Adventure Fest in New River Gorge National River, July 29-31. Learn how to play, stay safe, and practice outdoor ethics on any outdoor adventure at this free, hands-on festival. Explore fun ways to strengthen your mind, body, and spirit.
Saturday, July 30
Adventure Street Fair, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Grandview. Come and go as you please for this hands-on outdoor adventure festival.
• Early Birding 9 a.m.
• Tai Chi Class 10:30 a.m.
• Guided Walks 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m.
• Active Southern West Virginia
• Enviroscope at Piney Creek Watershed
• Fly Tying and Casting, Trout Unlimited, Southern WV Chapter
• GPS Wayfinding
• Junior Ranger Centennial Badge
• Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics
• Photography – Beckley Camera Club
• Recycling Tips – Solid Waste Authority
• YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
Sunday, July 31
Subaru Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Canyon Rim Visitor Center in Lansing. Meet the national trainer team and learn hot outdoor ethics tips.
Visit the park web site to see the complete 2016 Outdoor Adventure Fest program schedule.
Wear comfortable walking shoes for all guided walks. Water, snacks, a camera, and binoculars are other useful tools to bring along.