The West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History (WVDACH) is seeking nominations for the Governor’s Arts Awards. This biennial awards program celebrates the importance of the arts to economic development in the Mountain State by honoring individuals and organizations whose creative achievements and significant contributions to the arts enhance life in West Virginia. A public awards ceremony will take place at the Culture Center, State Capitol Complex, on Tuesday, Feb. 27, at 6 p.m.
Nominees must be West Virginia residents or organizations based in West Virginia. Members of the selection committee; members of the West Virginia Commission on the Arts; WVDACH staff; and their immediate family members are not eligible. Posthumous nominations are not accepted. Nominations for the 11 categories must be submitted through the nomination form linked below by Feb. 12, at 11:59 p.m.
The nomination form includes descriptions for each of the award categories, eligibility, and the selection process. Use the link https://wvculture.org/governors-arts-awards-2024/ to access.
Award categories are:
- Susan S. Landis Distinguished Service to the Arts – Individual
- Susan S. Landis Distinguished Service to the Arts – Organization
- Artist of the Year
- Arts Organization of the Year
- Arts in Education – Individual
- Arts in Education – Organization
- Folk Arts – Individual
- Folk Arts – Organization
- Emerging Artist of the Year
- Emerging Organization of the Year
- Governor’s Arts Award for Lifetime Achievement
For more information about the Governor’s Arts Awards, contact Jenna Green, State Arts Office director, at Jenna.R.Green@wv.gov or 304-558-0240.