Greenbrier Valley Theatre (GVT), in partnership with The Met: Live in HD opera series, is excited to announce the upcoming MET: Live in HD 2017-2018 Season.
Tickets are $18 for general admission, $14 for seniors (60+) and $10 for children/students. Season tickets are available. Dr. James Caplinger, from the University of Charleston, will give a complimentary lecture 30 minutes prior to each transmission. For tickets or more information, call GVT’s Box Office at 304-645-3838 or visit www.gvtheatre.org.
This season, The Met: Live in HD will return with a classic production of the most-performed opera in Met history, Puccini’s La Bohème, and the Met premiere of The Exterminating Angel by Thomas Adés, inspired by the screenplay for the acclaimed 1962 film. Also this season Golda Schultz makes her Met debut in Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte, and Met audiences will see Massenet’s Cendrillon, based on the classic fairy tale Cinderella.
The 2017-18 Season is as follows:
- Vincenzo Bellini’s Norma, Oct. 7 at 12:55 p.m.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte, Oct. 14 at 12:55 p.m.
- Thomas Adés’s The Exterminating Angel, Nov. 18 at 12:55 p.m.
- Giacomo Puccini’s Tosca, Jan. 27 at 12:55 p.m.
- Gaetano Donizetti’s L’Elisir d’Amore, Feb. 10 at 12 noon
- Giacomo Puccini’s La Bohème, Feb. 24 at 12:30 p.m.
- Gioachino Rossini’s Semiramide, Mar. 10 at 12:55 p.m.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Così fan tutte, Mar. 31 at 12:55 p.m.
- Guiseppe Verdi’s Luisa Miller, Apr. 14 at 12:30 p.m.
- Jules Massenet’s Cendrillon, Apr. 28 at 12:55 p.m.