Sprouting Farm’s educational potlucks are a time for local farmers and community members to come together and learn about food, farming, gardening, nutrition, and so much more! Come join in on a farm tour from 5 to 5:45 p.m. at Sprouting Farms, located at 4661 Route 3 And 12, Talcott. Afterwards there will be an educational talk and potluck from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Graham House down the road from the farm. (WV-12, Pence Springs). There will be a different educational topic each month.
- May 9: Lean Farming – How lean farming helps to maximize values and profits, while minimizing waste.
- June 13: Community Gardening – What is community gardening and how can I join in? Hear results from a two-year study of community gardening in West Virginia.
- June 27: Gardening 101 – Let’s learn from each other about the ins and outs of market gardening.
- Aug. 8: Growing Herbs – How to grow Basil, Dill, Oregano, Sage, Rosemary, and more.
- Sept. 12: Mushrooms – How to grow and identify mushrooms, and how to use them.
Please bring a dish of your choice to share with 10-20 people. Feel free to come to just the tour, or just of potluck, if that works best for you. All are welcome. Bring friends, family, and kiddos! This is a free event and no registration needed. If you have any questions please call 304-573-4242.