A series of business seminars for supervisory or management personnel is being offered once again by the Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Non-Credit Program this fall with Human Resources professional Charlotte Mason of the Advantage Resource Group as the presenter. The afternoon series begins on Thursday, Nov. 3, with “Introduction to Supervision.” All seminars will be held from 1-4 p.m. in Room 502, McCarthy Hall, on the DSLCC Clifton Forge, VA, campus.
The remaining schedule for the Supervisory / Management Skills Seminars:
• “Interviewing Skills and Behavioral Interviewing,” Nov. 10;
• “Coaching Skills,” Dec. 1;
• “Performance Evaluation,” Dec. 8;
• “Employee Discipline and Documentation,” Dec. 15.
• Participants attending all five seminars will receive a Certificate of Completion from DSLCC.
Mason, a certified training provider for the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board, has taught supervisory skills seminars for DSLCC for several years. These classes cover many topics, including how to communicate effectively with employees, teaching new tasks, conducting effective interviews, and setting performance standards, among others.
The cost of the series is $350, or $75 per seminar. To register, contact Programs Coordinator Doug Jones at 540-863-2870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.