Greenbrier County’s principals and staff look forward to welcoming students back to school during upcoming open house events. However, in the aftermath of recent flooding, it has become necessary for Rupert Elementary to postpone its Aug. 9 open house. The school sustained significant damage during the flood and work is underway to restore the school for student occupancy by Aug. 22. The new open house date will be announced as soon as possible.
Schools will welcome families through events that are unique to each site and may include facility tours, classroom assignments, and presentation of important school information for students on the following dates:
• Alderson Elementary Open House, Wednesday, Aug. 10, 5-7 p.m.
• Crichton Elementary Open House, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 5-7 p.m.
• Frankford Elementary Fall Picnic & Open House, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 5-7 p.m.
• Lewisburg Elementary Meet & Greet, grade 1-5: Wednesday, Aug. 10, 4-5:30 p.m.; Kindergarten: Thursday, Aug. 25, 9-10 a.m. and 4-5 p.m.
• Rainelle Elementary Open House, Tuesday, Aug. 22, 5-7 p.m.
• Ronceverte Elementary Meet & Greet, Wednesday, Aug. 10, 4-5:30 p.m.
• Rupert Elementary – postponed. Date to be announced.
• Smoot Elementary Open House Block Party, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• White Sulphur Springs Elementary Open House & Covered Dish Event, Wednesday, Aug. 10, 4:30-6:30 p.m. (Meat, paper products and drinks provided. Families are asked to bring a covered dish to share.)
• Eastern Greenbrier Middle School – Schedule/Orientation Night, Tuesday, Aug. 9, grade 7 and 8 at 5 p.m.; grade 6 at 7 p.m.
• Western Greenbrier Middle School Open House & Orientation, Wednesday, Aug. 10, grade 6 at 5-6 p.m.; grade 7 and 8 at 6-7 p.m.
• Greenbrier East High School Ninth Grade Convocation & Open House (mandatory): Monday, Aug. 8, 6-7:30 p.m.
The new school year will begin on Monday, Aug. 22 for students in grade 1-12; Aug. 29 for Kindergarten students; and Sept. 1 for Pre-K/Head Start students. To enroll your child in Greenbrier County Schools, please call Nancy Hanna at 304-647-6470.