Ron McMillion pleads guilty to federal drug charges


By Sarah Mansheim

The last person known to have seen missing person Dee Ann Keene pleaded guilty to a drug charge in federal court.

On Tuesday, Ronald “Ron” Ray McMillion admitted to distributing oxycodone, announced Acting United States Attorney Carol Casto. McMillion, 63, of Renick, entered his guilty plea to interstate travel to facilitate an unlawful activity.

McMillion admitted that in February 2014, he traveled from Renick to the Baltimore area to obtain oxycodone pills, and that he then traveled back to Renick and sold some of the pills. He further admitted that he had sold oxycodone in Greenbrier County both before and after that trip.

According to a witness, Keene was last seen at McMillion’s home on Feb. 28, 2014. The witness told police that McMillion was drinking or using drugs, and that he was so impaired he couldn’t stand up.

The witness also heard McMillion say, “I’m gonna kill you, you f****** b****” to Keene.

The witness said McMillion had a white pistol that he handed to Keene to shoot. He then shot the gun near Keene’s head, close enough for the passing round to ruffle her hair.

After the shot, two witnesses say they left because McMillion was “acting crazy.” They say they tried to get Keene to leave, but she didn’t.

Keene hasn’t been seen since.

On Mar. 6, 2014, McMillion was arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm and an outstanding assault warrant from Pocahontas County. Police at the time denied that McMillion was arrested for Keene’s disappearance, but identified him as a “person of interest” in the matter.

No charges were ever filed against McMillion regarding Keene’s disappearance.

After Tuesday’s guilty plea to the drug charges, McMillion faces up to five years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced on Aug. 17.

The case was investigated by the West Virginia State Police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Assistant United States Attorney John File is handling the prosecution. The plea hearing was held before United States District Judge Irene C. Berger.