The Progressive CEOS recently held their reorganizational meeting with Faye Honaker as hostess. There were eight members present. The meeting was opened with Patty Gray welcoming everyone and giving her news item from the past: in 1936, Jesse Owens won a Gold Medal at the Olympics in Germany.
Patty passed around Thank You cards from some 4-H members thanking the club for donations that enabled them to attend 4-H Camp.
The Motivator Tip for the month was given by Kitty Loudermilk. This month the Vitamins K, C and D are pinpointed. Vitamin K is the blood clotting vitamin and it helps build strong bones and reduces fractures and prevents bruising. Vitamin C makes collagen that helps heal wounds. You can get Vitamin D from many foods and sunshine. Stretching is the exercise for the month.
Patty Gray mentioned some dates we needed to be aware of:
• Sept. 14th – Fall Leadership Day at the WVU Building in the fairgrounds. (Our club is responsible for two door prizes which Colleen Walton and Barbara Shiley will provide.)
• Oct. 6-8 – Fall meeting at Jackson’s Mill
• Oct. 12 – Craft Day
The club decided to go back to having a scrapbook and that we would work on it at the next meeting. Everyone brought items for the Family Refuge Center. Kitty Loudermilk and Patty Gray will deliver them.
Since this was reorganization, new officers and committee chairs were chosen: President – Kitty Loudermilk and Barbara Shiley will be Co-Presidents; Secretary – Colleen Walton; Treasurer – Mary Liz Richmond; Reporter – Colleen Walton; Continuing Ed – Faye Honaker; Family – Betty Jo McNeel; Marketing/Membership – Dot Feamster; Purposeful Reading – Colleen Walton; Health Motivator will be chosen each month.
The monthly lessons, leaders and hostesses were chosen:
• February – Book Club, Colleen Walton, Colleen at Ext. Office
• March – Glass in WV, Barbara Shiley, Barbara Shiley
• April – Recluttering (Auction), Faye Honaker, Kitty Loudermilk
• May – Mother’s Day, Jean Foley, Jean at Ext. Office
• June – Vacation in West Virginia at Beartown
• July – Covered Dish at Greenbrier State Forest
• August – Reorganization, Faye Honaker
• September – Yoga, Patty Gray, Patty Gray
• October – Homemade cleaning, Linda Schmidt, Linda Schmidt Products
• November – Ideas & Club Products, Betty Jo McNeel, Betty Jo McNeel
• December – Christmas Party, Mary Liz Richmond, Mary Liz at Food & Friends
Delicious refreshments were enjoyed by all.