The town of Rainelle is hosting the Meadow River Sporting Festival, which opens Friday, Sept. 4, and runs through Monday, Sept. 7. The lineup of events look to be a long weekend of great fun for every sports enthusiast in the family.
Bike racing, turkey calling, mud bogging, rifle competitions, horse shoes and corn holing, fun house inflatables, fly fishing and a golf tournament, food and miscellaneous vendors – it’s all here, plus, a Saturday night entertainment event with Rick K and The Allnighters at Heritage Park. Admission for the evening is free, so, bring a lawn chair and sit back and enjoy.
The weekend schedule is as follows:
Meadow River Sporting Festival
Sept. 4-7, 2015
Friday, Sept. 4
• Fly Fishing/Fly Tying at 10 a.m. – United Methodist Church
• Golf Tournament at 10 a.m. – Greenbrier Hills Golf Club
Saturday, Sept. 5
(All sporting events held in field adjacent to Army Reserve Center)
• Archery at 9 a.m.
• Muzzleloader Competition at 11 a.m.
• Sporting Clay Competition at 12 noon
• WV Top Shot 3 Gun Competition at 1:30 p.m.
• .22 Rifle Competition at 5:30 p.m.
Hillbilly Fun Inflatables at 10 a.m. ($10 to play all day)
Food & Miscellaneous Vendors at 10 a.m. – Army Reserve Center
Entertainment at City Hall
• Jesse Pugh at 7:30 p.m.
• Rick K & The Allnighters at 9 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 6
• 4-Wheeler/Mud Bogging at 12 noon – field adjacent to Army Reserve Center
• Turkey Calling at 1 p.m. – Methodist Church
• Canoe/Kayaking at 1 p.m. – meet at City Hall
• 5K Race/Bike Race at 2 p.m. – meet at City Hall
Monday, Sept. 7
• Horseshoe/Corn Hole Competition at 9 a.m. – Armory Reserve Center