The Lewisburg City Council will be meeting on Monday, Feb. 1, at 7:30 p.m. for the second reading and public comment of Ordinance 254. The meeting will be held at the Roland P. Sharp Alumni Center located on the campus of the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, 400 North Lee Street, Lewisburg. Due to the expected crowd and in the interest of public safety for everyone involved the following rules will be in place, according to Lewisburg Police Chief Tim Stover:
• The venue will not be open until 6 p.m. No one will be allowed in the building until that time. Scheduled meeting start time is 7:30 p.m.
• The campus will not be open to parking until 5:30 p.m., allowing WVSOM staff and students time to leave. The campus will not be open to the public until 5:30 p.m.
• Bus and van parking will be at Hollowell Park located on Greenbrier Road.
• WVSOM is a weapons free campus. No weapons allowed.
• No backpacks will be allowed in the building, everyone will be subject to search.