John Manchester, mayor of Lewisburg, was elected as president of the America in Bloom (AIB) board of directors at its recent annual meeting. Manchester previously served as second Vice President for the organization
America in Bloom is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting nationwide beautification programs and personal and community involvement through the use of flowers, plants, trees, and other environmental and lifestyle enhancements. AIB provides educational programs, resources, and the challenge of a friendly competition between participating communities across the country.
Others on the board of directors are:
- 1st Vice President: Leslie Pittenger, City of Belpre
- 2nd Vice President: Tony Ferrara, Arroyo Consulting Group
- Treasurer: Marvin Miller, Ball Horticultural Company
- Secretary: Jack Clasen
- Past President: Katy Moss Warner, President Emeritus, American Horticultural Society
- Tony Abruscato, Flower Show Productions
- Bobby Barnitz, Bob’s Market & Greenhouse
- Drew Becher, San Francisco Parks Alliance
- Linda Cromer
- Mason Day, GrowIt!
- Marshall Dirks, Proven Winners
- Linda Hart, Holland Visitors Bureau
- Walter Heath
- Bob Lund, Arroyo Grande Village Improvement Association
- Diana Weiner, Gerry Foundation
For information about America in Bloom, visit www.AmericaInBloom.org.