Greenbrier Valley Theatre (GVT) is excitedly awaiting its 2016 spring education classes, GVTots I (age 5-6) and II (age 7-8), GVTweens (age 9-11), GVTeens (age 12-18) and the year-long GVTeen Conservatory (age 14-18).
Enrollment in the after-school program is open through Jan. 8. Register for classes by contacting the GVT education office at 304-645-3838 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“It is always such a joy to work with our local students in the realm of theater, and we are very excited for our spring semester. Through imagination and nerve, our students learn the skills needed for the stage but also for all areas of life,” teaching assistant Micah Hein said.
This semester’s focus will be the Spring Showcases, and every GVT student will be cast.
Spring Showcases are as follows:
• GVTots I & II: “Falling Up to Broadway” (Apr. 12 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
• GVTweens: “The Reluctant Dragon” (Apr. 26 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
• GVTeens: Adapted specifically for the class, “Cinderella” (May 6 and 7 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
• Conservatory: Original Work about Suicide Prevention (May 17 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
After-school classes will begin Jan. 11 and continue until May 18 on the following schedule:
• Monday: Tweens 4-5 p.m. and Conservatory 5:15-6:45 p.m.
• Tuesday: Tots I 4-5 p.m. and Tots II 5:15-6:15 p.m.
• Wednesday: Teens 4-5 p.m. and Conservatory 5:15-6:45 p.m.
“I have been with GVT for nine years and I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for all their help and support,” student Zenya Walters said.
Spring semester tuition for these classes is $90. Tuition for each additional child in the same family is $75. Need-based scholarships are available. For scholarship applications, to register or for any other information regarding the education programs, contact the education office.