Greenbrier Valley Theatre (GVT), the State Professional Theatre of West Virginia, is proud to announce that registration is now open for the 2017 spring education classes, GVTots I (grade K-1) and II (grade 2-3), GVTweens (grade 4-5), GVTeens I (grade 6-8), GVTeens II (grade 9-12) and the year-long GVTeen Conservatory (grade 8-12).
Enrollment in the after-school program is open now through Jan 13. Register for classes by contacting GVT’s Education Office at 304-645-3838 ext. 111 or email@example.com.
After-school classes begin Jan. 16 and will continue until May 12 on the following schedule:
– GVTweens (Grade 4-5, Enrollment Cap 20) 4-5 p.m.
– GVTeen Conservatory (Grade 8-12, Enrollment Cap 14) 5:15-7:15 p.m.
– GVTots I (Grade K-1, Enrollment Cap 20) 4-5 p.m.
– GVTots II (Grade 2-3, Enrollment Cap 20) 5:15-6:15 p.m.
– GVTeens I (Grade 6-8, Enrollment Cap 30) 4-5 p.m.
– GVTeens II (Grade 9-12, Enrollment Cap 30) 5:15-6:15 p.m.
“Students enrolled in GVT’s drama classes learn so much more than theater skills. They learn and demonstrate ensemble building, public speaking, a sense of community, empathy, and more. Each class becomes a little family where we look after each other, support one another, and gain life-long friends. The spring semester is special because each student enrolled will perform in a class showcase. The showcases are performed on GVT’s mainstage which is a magical experience for children and teens,” Education Director Courtney Susman said.
Spring Showcases are as follows:
- GVTots I & II: Once Upon a Time… (Apr. 11 at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.)
- GVTweens: Snow White (Apr. 25 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
- GVTeens I: The Seussification of Romeo and Juliet (May 2 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
- GVTeens II: 10 Ways to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (May 2 at 6 and 8 p.m.)
- GVTeen Conservatory: Twelfth Night (May 11 and 12 at 7 p.m.)
Showcase rehearsals will take place during class, along with two additional mandatory technical rehearsals. Spring tuition for these classes is $90 ($125 for conservatory) per semester. Tuition for each additional child in the same family is $65 per semester. Need-based scholarships are available. For scholarship applications, to register or for any other information regarding the education programs, contact the Education Office at 304-645-3838 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is presented with financial assistance from the West Virginia Division of Culture & History and the National Endowment for the Arts, with approval from the West Virginia Commission on the Arts.