The Greenbrier Valley Farmers Market in Lewisburg is continuing its free series of entertainment and educational talks through the fall.
This Saturday, Aug. 30: The Lewis Kids present an eclectic mix of old time, bluegrass, and popular tunes on their string instruments.
Join us at the Pavilion in the grass on the corner of Rt. 219 and Arbuckle Lane in downtown Lewisburg. The Farmers Market Academy sessions are held every Saturday at 10 a.m. and are open to the public free of charge.
Join us the following Saturdays:
• Aug. 30: The Lewis Kids, a string instrument group playing old time, bluegrass, and popular tunes.
• Sept. 6: Don’t Let Them Bug You! Professional “bug guy” Ed Saugstad discusses garden bugs, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Bring a bug in a jar!
• Sept. 13: Dividing Perennials and Fall Planting. Master Gardeners give an overview of our flower garden fall maintenance.
• Sept. 20: Heirloom tomatoes taste test. Join Pam West of West Farms and explore the differences of various tomato varieties. You may come away with a new favorite!
• Sept. 27: Diabetic Cooking. Kay Davis presents recipes and tips for delicious eating within the diabetic guidelines.
• Oct. 4: Pop to It! Famous Jumpin’ Johnny and his fabulous popcorn.
• Oct. 11: The Winter Garden. It may be late in the season, but your garden can still produce. Presented by Zack Comeaux.
• Oct. 18: To Be Determined
• Oct. 25: To Be Determined