The goal of the Greenbrier Valley Community Foundation Scholarship Program is to ensure all public, private, and homeschooled students in Greenbrier, Monroe, and Pocahontas counties have to opportunity to apply for as many scholarship opportunities as are available to them in our region.
In order to do this efficiently, the Greenbrier Valley Community Foundation (GVCF) manages an online scholarship application program available to any student in the three-county region. This master application hosts 120 total scholarships in the region. In order to qualify for these awards, students must submit an application at gvfoundation.org/scholarships. GVCF allows any scholarship in the Greenbrier Valley (Greenbrier, Monroe, and Pocahontas counties) to be added to the system, regardless of whether or not GVCF manages the funds for that scholarship. This is a service that most other community foundations do not provide, as most only give access to scholarships for which they manage the funding.
For the benefit of our students, and the region as a whole, GVCF is proud to open the application to any scholarship that wants to utilize the system.
The 2022 scholarship timeline is as follows:
- Jan. 1: The application is open to all students in the region
- Mar. 15: Applications are due by midnight, including letters of recommendation and necessary attachments
- Mar. 18: Scholarship Committees review applications and determine awards
- May 1: Guidance counselors and seniors are notified of awards
- May 15: Scholarship recipients accept scholarships online by June 30 in order to receive their award
- July 15: Scholarship checks processed and sent to schools
If students have any questions, they should contact their guidance counselors or email the Scholarship Administrator by clicking Help then Contact Us then Request Assistance from your application.