The final First Saturday devotions and daily Mass at the Catholic Church of Mary Immaculate near Williamsburg, Greenbrier County, will be held Saturday, Oct. 1 at 10:30 a.m. with a covered dish luncheon afterwards.
Located just off the Frankford-Williamsburg Road which is off of U.S. 219 on the Catholic Church Road, approximately four and a half miles northwest of Frankford, the church was constructed in 1901 to serve the German and Irish Catholic settlers in the Williamsburg/Falling Spring/Frankford area.
It is the third church building, the first two having burnt, serving the community and is the oldest Catholic building in Greenbrier County.
The Immaculate Conception Cemetery of the church is located on Catholic Church Road, a short distance from the Church.
First Saturday devotions and daily Mass are held in the historic church May through October and a covered dish luncheon is held at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Larry Musselmen on Butler Mountain Road nearby.
Supported as a chapel of the St. Catherine of Siena Church in Ronceverte, the parishioners along with the parishioners of St. Charles Borromeo Church in White Sulphur Springs support the upkeep of the church, grounds and cemetery, under the leadership of Dr. and Mrs. Musselman who are assisted by neighbors of the Chapel and the cemetery of which part of the cemetery is the Stidom Family Cemetery.
For further information, contact the office of the Catholic Churches of the Greenbrier Valley304-536-1813 or the Alleghany Highlands Council 8689 Knights of Columbus 304-645-1373.