This weekend of area festivals includes music festivities at Poor Farm in Williamsburg/Frankford, and at the Pretty Penny Cafe in Hillsboro.
Starting on Aug. 1, the fourth annual Poor Farm Festival begins and runs through Saturday and into Sunday morning. There are food and beer vendors and camping facilities for those wanting the entire weekend experience.
The band schedule for the festival at Poor Farm:
Friday, Aug. 1:
• 5 p.m. – Freeway Revival
• 7 p.m. – Allen Sizemore’s Black King Coal
• 9 p.m. – Normal Bean Band
• 11 p.m. – Dirk Quinn
• 12:30 a.m. – Poobah! ! !
• 2 a.m. until ? – Jam in the dome with Normal Bean
Saturday, August 2:
• 12 Noon – Beggars Clan
• 2 p.m. – The Mad Anthonys
• 4:30 p.m. – The Braes
• 6:30 p.m. – Hillbilly Carnival
• 8 p.m. – Midnight – Rumpke Mountain Boys
• 12:30 a.m. until ? – Jam in the dome with The Mad Anthonys
Some of the proceeds of this music festival go towards restoring the historic nonprofit elements of Poor Farm. For more information or to buy tickets in advance visit www.Poorfarmfest.com.
On Aug. 2, The Pretty Penny Cafe hosts its Annual Reggae Sun Fest. There are three great bands, DJs, something like five great Caribbean themed foods, two West Virginia Micro Brew beers and plenty of fun kid stuff. There is a moon bounce set-up, face painting, corn-hole and games galore.
The music line-up for Saturday, Aug. 2:
• 1 p.m. – Lazy Man Dub Band followed by DJ
• 4 p.m. – I-Vibes followed by DJ
• 7 p.m. – Shawn Owen Band followed by DJ
Tickets for the Reggae Sun Fest are $10. For more information visit www.prettypennyfood.com.