Discover some place different for the holiday season. Alderson has been nominated for WV Living Magazine’s “Best Hidden Gem.” Here’s one reason why:
- Nov. 25, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., the shops of Alderson are part of National Shop Local day.
- Dec. 1, at 6 p.m., is the Christmas Parade and Grand Illumination near the Memorial Bridge in both Greenbrier and Monroe Counties.
- Dec. 1, 7 p.m. Santa and Goodies are at the Community Center.
- Dec. 2, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., is the Holiday Bazaar and lunch at the Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church.
- Dec. 2, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. there is a train show at the Trains Depot on Railroad Avenue on the Monroe County side.
- Dec. 3, noon to 3 p.m., the Bazaar continues.
- Dec. 3, 1 to 4 p.m. the train show continues.
- Dec. 3, 1 to 4 p.m. there will be an Old Fashioned Christmas at the Old Victorian Inn across from the Train Depot.
- Dec. 9, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Holiday Flea Market at the Community Center.
- Dec. 9, 1 to 3 p.m. there will be an Old Fashioned Christmas at the Old Victorian Inn with Hay Rides.
- Dec. 16, 6 to 8 p.m., is the Fire Department Chili Dinner and visits with Santa (on Railroad Avenue).
- Dec. 17, at 3 p.m., the Greenbrier Baptist Church Cantata will perform.
Drive under the Holiday Lights across the Memorial Bridge on Saturday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. Pay what you can donations are encouraged on Dec. 2, 9, 16, and 23.
Santaland in Alumni Park is open daily and in the evenings starting on Dec 1. Mrs. Clause will be there with goodies and for selfies from 6 to 8 p.m. on Dec. 9 and 23.
The Alderson Holiday Light Show is open now until Christmas on Maple Avenue behind the Big Wheel Restaurant, Monday through Thursday, 6 to 8 p.m., and Friday through Sunday from 6-9 p.m. Drive by, tune in your radio and watch the lights dance.
Join the Town of Alderson for Holiday Magic for all ages.