Saturday, June 27
8 a.m. Bicycle Race Registration – Alderson Memorial Football Field – $10 Race starts at 9 a.m. – Sponsored by Tri-County Fire Company – Contact Jimmy Massey (304-445-7686)
Wednesday, July 1
1 p.m. Judging Home and Business Decorating Contest
Contact Doris Griffith (304-667-7817) to register your house in the contest
Thursday, July 2
• 2-11 p.m. Hillbilly Fun Inflatables and Pony Rides (Alderson Memorial Football Field)
• 7-11 p.m. Firemen’s Rodeo (Alderson Memorial Football Field) – Free Admission – Sponsored by Alderson Fire Department & EMS, Contact Rick Honaker (304-445-7420)
Friday, July 3
• 7:30-8 a.m. Run for Snacks 5K Registration – Alderson Public Library
• 9 a.m. Run for Snacks 5K Race – Walk or Run Event. All ages welcome. Contact Susie Tomlinson at email@example.com
• 11 a.m. Corn Hole Tournament – Alderson Memorial Football Field – Adult and Children (12 and under) Tournament. Entry Fee $10 per team. (No pre-registration required) Prizes and ribbons:1st $50, 2nd $40 and 3rd $30. Ribbons for children. Hosted by Outlaw Cornhole. Contact Caleb Morgan (304-661-0123)
• 12-1 p.m. “All American Baking Contest” Sponsored by MedExpress – Community Center Kitchen – Entries must be dropped off between 12 and 1 p.m. 2015 Theme: Bread (4) Categories: Quick Bread, Yeast Bread, Biscuits/Cornbread, and Other. Ribbons awarded in each category. Prize money awarded to top 3 entries: Contact Charlotte Melton (304-445-4567) or Amanda Wheeler (304-661-2858) for entry
• 1-3 p.m. Ice Cream Social – Alderson Interpretative Center (Old Gulf Station) Contact Betty Thomas, President of Alderson Main Street (304-445- 7748)
• 4 p.m. Military Awareness and Appreciation – Alderson Memorial Football Field (East End) Contact Jessie Willis (304-661-6183)
• 6:30 p.m. 4th of July Banquet – Alderson Community Center – Served buffet style with catered food – Please make reservations by July 1 to ensure you have a seat – $13 per person in advance, $16 at the door, 12 and under $8. Contact Linda Loudermilk (304-445 7520) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
• 8 p.m. Open House at Alderson Community Center – Doors will open after the banquet – Call Rick Parker for more information (304-445-2709)
• 6-11 p.m. Harmony Creek Junction and Black Mountain Bluegrass Boys- Alderson Memorial Football Field – Free admission, but donations accepted. (Rain or Shine)
• 8-11 p.m. Square Dance – Hans Creek String Band (Alderson Elementary School Cafeteria) Free admission, but donations accepted.
Saturday, July 4
• 8 a.m. Arts, Crafts & Commercial Sales (Alderson Elementary School Grounds) Contact Karen Lobban (304-445-7730)
• 8 a.m. Parade Line Up – Alderson Elementary School on Virginia Street line up depends on your arrival. Registration tables will be along Virginia Street – Look for Balloons! Contact Doris Griffith (304-667-7817)
• 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Throttle Throbs Car Show (Old Greenbrier Baptist Church Parking Lot) North Monroe Street – Contact Ron Ness (304-645-5055)
• 10:30 a.m. 2015 Grand Parade – Queens, floats, cars, bicycles, tractors, horses and fire engines. Trophies and prizes in all categories. Something for everyone! After parade, please pick up trophies and prizes at Alderson Memorial Football Field.
• 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Lunch by the Alderson Fire Department and EMS Alderson Elementary School Cafeteria – $8
• 1 p.m. Stuart’s Hot Dawg Eating Contest – Stuart’s Smokehouse, Rt. 63 – Registration begins at 12 noon. Over $700 in prizes! For more information call 304-445-dawg (3294)
• 1 p.m. Presentation of Colors – Introducing Miss Fireworks and her Court, Sr. Miss Fireworks, Junior Miss Fireworks, Little Miss Fireworks, Mr. and Miss Sparkler, Mr. and Miss Baby Sparkler, and Fourth of July Salute – Awarding of parade prizes – raising of flag by Greenbrier East High School Jr. R.O.T.C. and the VFW Post #6723 (Alderson Memorial Football Field)
• 1:30 p.m. Field Events – Afternoon filled with fun and events for everyone – Races of all kinds. (No pre-registration required) (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Contact Jesse Willis (304-661-6183)
• 4 p.m. Tug of War – Greenbrier vs. Monroe and Kids Tug of War
*PLEASE CLEAR THE FOOTBALL FIELD*
• 5-10 p.m. The Goodson Boys opening for Little Texas (Alderson Memorial Football Field) $5 admission for shows and fireworks. Children 6 and under free. Bring your own chair – Rain or Shine. Gates will not open until after the fireworks
• 10 p.m. Introduction and Crowning of Miss Fireworks 2015 and her Court
• 10:15 p.m. Grand Fireworks Display – The Alderson Fire Department will put on the best show in West Virginia featuring marvelous aerial and ground displays – (Alderson Memorial Football Field)
Sunday, July 5
• 11 a.m. Sunday Worship Service – Alderson Area Churches cordially invite you to attend the church of your choice
• 12 noon White Water Canoe Race – Fort Spring – Registration starts at noon and the race starts at 1 p.m. – a timed event on the Greenbrier River, total distance 7 miles – men and women divisions – Contact Jesse Willis (304-661-6183).
• 1:30 p.m. River Events – Enjoy an afternoon of fun in the cozy green water of the Greenbrier River at the Alderson Mini Park – Bring a seat and enjoy! Men, women and children and anything that floats races. Contact Jesse Willis (304-661-6183).
• 6 p.m. Gospel Sing (Alderson Memorial Football Field) Bring your own lawn chair or blanket and enjoy an evening of Gospel Music by various local artists. Sponsored by the Alderson River of Life Church of God. No admission, but donations will be accepted. In case of rain, concert will be held at River of Life Church of God on Rt. 63. Contact Anthony Carter at (304-832-6124) or Jesse Willis (304-661-6183).
Monday, July 6
• 4 p.m. Entertainment – Alderson Mini Park
• 6 p.m. Ducks on the Greenbrier – Rubber Duck Race (Alderson Mini Park) Grand Prize $5,000, 2nd Prize $1,000, 3rd Prize $500.00 and many other prizes. For tickets and information contact Karen Lobban (304-445-7730) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN.