- PARADE ROUTE: Washington Street headed west from Lee Street to Church Street Judges’ stand is on Washington Street at City Hall.
- DATE AND TIME: Sunday January 1st at 2 PM
- LINE-UP: On Lee Street between the United Methodist Church and WVSOM beginning at 1 PM. Note: Not behind the old Lewisburg Elementary School.
- PARKING: No on street parking is allowed on the parade route the morning of January 1st. Residents of Lee Street from Washington Street to Greenbrier Road are also requested not to park on Lee Street the morning of January 1st.
- CATEGORIES AND PRIZES:
TYPE 1st PRIZE 2nd PRIZE 3rd PRIZE
Animals other than equine (drawn, ridden, led) $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Antique Cars/Classic Vehicles $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Equestrian – equines drawn, ridden, or led $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Best Dressed Farm Equipment $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Float $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Music (singles or groups) $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Walker (1 or 2 in the entry) $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
Walker (3 or more in the entry) $55.00 $35.00 $25.00
- SPECIAL PRIZES: (All Entries are Eligible for Any of These)
- Joe Ellis Memorial Tradition Award (for the entry which best depicts the history and traditions of the area) – $100
- Mary Satterfield Spirit of Shanghai Award – $100
- Chairman’s Award- $100.
- Jim Wills Memorial Award – $100 (he loved this parade!)
- WALKERS: Each entrant in a walker category receives $2.00.
- NOTE: ** All persons or groups must advise parade line-up officials of the category in which they are entering.
- There is no pre-registration for the parade – be at line-up at 1 PM
- Candy may be passed out by hand – please do not throw it!
- No sirens please.
- Prizes will be given out in front of City Hall immediately after the parade. If not picked up your prize will be available at City Hall only until January 31st.