- PARADE ROUTE: Washington Street from Lee Street to Church Street. Judge’s stand is on Washington Street at City Hall.
- DATE AND TIME: Jan. 1 at 12 noon
- LINE-UP: On Lee Street between the United Methodist Church and WVSOM beginning at 11 a.m. Note: Not behind Lewisburg Elementary School.
- PARKING: No on street parking is allowed on the parade route the morning of Jan. 1. Residents of Lee Street from Washington Street to Greenbrier Road are also requested not to park on Lee Street the morning of Jan. 1.
- CATEGORIES AND PRIZES:
TYPE 1st PRIZE 2nd PRIZE 3rd PRIZE
Animal/Animal Drawn $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Antique Car/Classic $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Best Dressed Farm Equipment $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Float $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Music $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Walker (1 or 2) $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
Walker (3 or more) $ 55 $ 35 $ 25
- SPECIAL PRIZES: (All entries eligible for any of these)
- Joe Ellis Memorial Tradition Award (for the entry which best depicts the history and traditions of the area): $100
- Mary Satterfield Spirit of Shanghai Award: $100
- Chairman’s Award: $100
- Jim Wills Memorial Award: $100
- WALKERS: Each entrant in a walker category receives $2. NOTE: All persons or groups must advise parade line-up officials of the category in which they are entering.
- Prizes will be given out in front of City Hall immediately after the parade. Prizes will be available at City Hall until Jan. 31 – and must be picked up before then.
- There is no pre-registration for the parade – just be there at 11 a.m.
- No candy is to be thrown from vehicles, floats, or animals. Candy may be passed out by hand only.
- No sirens, please.