Greenbrier County Schools announces Pre-K and Kindergarten registration
Greenbrier County Schools (GCS) will host a variety of Pre-K and kindergarten registration dates and locations to better serve our families. Students currently enrolled in a GCS Pre-K program will be automatically enrolled in kindergarten in their home school district; therefore parents of GCS Pre-K students will not need to attend a registration session. Kindergarten registration is for children who will be five years old on or before Aug. 31, 2014.
Pre-K registration packets will be available at all elementary schools from now until Mar. 14. Upon completing a registration packet, enrollees may call 304-645-3505 to make an appointment to return the folder. Folders may also be returned during kindergarten registration.
Kindergarten registration will take place at the following locations:
• Apr. 8 – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Greenbrier County Board of Education office in Lewisburg
• Apr. 29 – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Western Greenbrier Middle School
• May 22 – 4 to 7 p.m. at the Greenbrier County Board of Education office in Lewisburg, 202 Chestnut Street.
What to bring:
• Official State issued birth certificate (not a copy)
• Immunization record
• Copy of health check exam (5 year physical from physician)
• 911 physical address
• Social Security card of child
• Proof of residency.
If you have questions, please contact Nancy Hanna, director of Early Childhood Education at 304-647-6486.